I truly admire this Q and A feature…It gives a lot of info about BPD.
- The prevalence of BPD in in-ward patients is close 1%
- The suicide rate among BPD patients is similar to that seen in patients with affective disorder or schizophrenia
- Symptoms waxes and wanes in patients with BPD
- Drugs are usually used continuously
- Use of sedatives are recommended
- Use of SSRIs are extremely safe
- BDZ may reduce impulsiveness
- APs can be used without any adverse side effects for the purpose of sedations
- Promethazine is a recommended drug
- BPD predicts poorer response to treatment in depression
- BPD predicts poorer response to treatment in OCD
- Symptoms often improve in an unexpected way
- Close to 50% of patients with BPD may also have bipolar spectrum disorder.
- Lithium is licensed for the control of aggressive behaviour or intentional self-harm
View original post 308 more words